As an effort to slow down the spread of COVID-19 in our community, the Health and Vitality Center is encouraging all patients to honor social distancing. I am available for in person and telemedicine consults and followups. Cindy will be available to schedule appointments, handle medication refills, ship supplements, and administer immune boosting IVs. Please be assured that patients with fever, cough, or a cold will NOT be seen at the office. We are sanitizing all surfaces and door knobs every 30 minutes throughout the day and after each patient encounter. There is no one waiting in the waiting room. Each patient is taken into a private room in the office.
Please keep the following facts in mind regarding the Coronavirus:
- You can infect others even if you are asymptomatic during the 2 weeks incubation period. Some may develop symptoms as early as in 4 days.
- Coronavirus can be transferred through respiratory droplets and remain viable in the air for up to 3 hours, however, the virus can live up to 2-3 days on surfaces.
- Symptoms consist of fever 100.4 or above, sore throat, and cough. In severe cases shortness of breath is present.
- Please wash your hands for 20 seconds with warm water and soap, avoid touching your face, and limit your interactions with others. I also recommend you cover your mouth with a mask or a scarf when your are out.
- You maybe homeschooling your children. This is a great time to build stronger family bonds, go through photo albums, organize, declutter, create something out of nothing, dance, and listen to music. Face time with family and friends are a great way to stay connected.
- Sanitize surfaces with environmentally friendly products such as ECOS, Planet, and Earth Friendly Products. I also recommend mixing 12 ounces of 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide in 1 gallon of distilled water or mixing 7 parts rubbing alcohol with 3 parts water and little benzoyl peroxide to kill bacteria and viruses.
- If you have an infrared sauna or a hot sauna at home, this is the time to use it. Don’t forget to take trace minerals since you can lose minerals through sweating. The Coronavirus cannot survive in hot temperatures.
The Department of Public Health is advising that you do not seek medical care in an Emergency Department right away – unless you are having severe symptoms. First thing you should do if you are suspicious of COVID-19 is to call your primary care physician for medical advice. It is very important that you alert the medical office or the Emergency department that you are suspect of the virus so they may prepare and protect themselves and other patients.
From a Functional and Nutritional Perspective:
As we age or suffer from a chronic illness, our Glutathione levels get depleted and as a result we can develop respiratory distress from COVID-19. Boost your immunity with intake of Sublingual Liposomal Glutathione, Nebulized Gluathione or IV Glutathione. Please call my office for more information.
Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant which reduces inflammation and enhances immunity. Boost your immunity with IV Vitamin C 15-25 grams and Zinc at our comfortable IV suite in Los Angeles (Brentwood).
China is conducting a double-blind study, infusing 24 grams of Vitamin C, 7 days in a row to patients infected with Coronavirus. The study will be finalized in September 2020. Link to the Vitamin C study in China: NCT04262533
Take any of the following immune boosting supplements based on availability:
> Click this link for our list of suggested supplements
During this crisis, there is a significant shortage in Vitamin C, Zinc, and Vitamin D at most stores. I am in the process of combining the bst quality pharmaceutically graded supplements such as Beta Glucan, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, and Zinc into a simple MedPax at an affordable rate. These will be easy to take and cost effective. Stay tuned for updates or call my office for more information. In the meantime, you may order your immune boosting supplements directly from Xymogen by registering on Wholescripts through the link below:
Video on Beta Glucan:
To your Health | Be well, Stay Safe