Infusion Therapy at the Health and Vitality Center
Are you experiencing chronic fatigue, muscle aches, or anxiety? Have you been told—or do you suspect—that you have a magnesium deficiency?
The Health & Vitality Center, a leading center for Functional Medicine in Los Angeles, offers the Magnesium IV Drip to treat a deficiency of this vital mineral. It is estimated that 50% of people do not have an adequate amount of magnesium in their bodies. Magnesium deficiency may lead to irregular heartbeats and can cause or worsen multiple medical conditions such as chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia, as well as lead to anxiety and tense muscles or spasms.
What is a Magnesium IV Drip?
Dr. Shiva Lalezar is a pioneer in the use of IV therapy. Intravenous magnesium sulfate, delivered via a Magnesium IV Drip, is a clinically proven treatment for a variety of conditions such as cardiac arrhythmias and hypertension. It is often used in conjunction with a Myer’s cocktail, an IV vitamin therapy that combines several crucial vitamins and minerals in one treatment.
Magnesium IV Drip effectively enhances the function of the muscular and nervous systems. Your body needs magnesium to perform over 300 biochemical reactions necessary to sustain life. Magnesium is also a natural calcium channel blocker that helps reduce the workload of the heart.
What conditions does a Magnesium IV Drip treat?
Many conditions can be managed through a IV Magnesium drip. A few of the disorders that Dr. Lalezar treats using intravenous Magnesium are:
- Anxiety is often treated with prescription medication. Many doctors do not consider that a lack of magnesium can stress your body and create or worsen anxiety. The Magnesium Drip has proven effective in the treatment of anxiety in many of our patients.
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Magnesium deficiency causes major stress on the muscular system. The most important muscle in the human body is the heart. There is an intricate connection between magnesium and the heart’s electrical stability. Magnesium deficiency may cause irregular heartbeats commonly known as arrhythmias. Magnesium Drip therapy results in relaxation of the heart and dilates blood vessels. This allows the heart to work more efficiently.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Some reports suggest that magnesium may be helpful in lessening the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome.
- A severe deficiency of magnesium can cause the muscles in the body to constantly spasm. Since the muscular and nervous systems are both involved in the symptoms of Fibromyalgia, there is believed to be a link between the disease and a deficiency in magnesium. Balancing of the levels of magnesium in your body through Magnesium Drip therapy at the Health and Vitality Center can improve and deter the symptoms of Fibromyalgia.
- Magnesium is a powerful vasodilator. When blood vessels are dilated, blood pressure comes down dramatically. Dr. Lalezar has weaned off many of her patients’ blood pressure medications in a safe manner.
How is intravenous magnesium administered?
You will receive your Magnesium IV Drip in our relaxing, comfortable IV therapy suite. You can read a book, listen to music, or even work on your laptop computer while you are being treated.
How do I get more information on Magnesium IV therapy?
If you suffer from any of these conditions or are interested in the Magnesium IV Drip or any other kind of infusion therapy, contact the friendly compassionate staff at the Health & Vitality Center at 310 734 4866 or click here to schedule an appointment.
Dr. Shiva Lalezar, a naturopathic doctor and Functional Medicine specialist in Los Angeles, will thoroughly examine you and guide you toward the holistic treatment that’s right for you. You can set up your consultation by contacting our office today.