- Category: Learning Center
- Published on Wednesday, 13 June 2012 10:05
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 511
We often associate hormones with the trials and tribulations of adolescence. During this time hormones bring about major changes in the body. However, their influence is felt all throughout adulthood. As you age, hormone levels tend to fluctuate; either too much or too little can impair regulatory systems and open doors to serious diseases. These conditions can negatively affect your physical and psychological well-being.
Diagnosing Hormonal Imbalance
There are several diagnostic tests Dr. Lalezar conducts, each uniquely designed to measure the different hormone levels that may be affecting your health.
- Hormone Panel /Thyroid Function Test
- Adrenal Function Testing
Types of hormonal imbalances and their symptoms:
- Thyroid- this hormone controls metabolism and energy. Thyroid deficiency causes weight gain, dry skin, brittle nails, hair loss, constipation, fatigue, cold sensitivity, and memory trouble. Too much thyroid causes unhealthy weight loss, sweating, and bulging eyes.
- Estrogen- after menopause, estrogen levels drop, causing hot flashes, decreased libido and sexual function, osteoporosis, weight gain, and behavior changes such as depression and mood swings. Estrogen dominance – too much estrogen in relation to progesterone - can cause headaches, bloating, weight gain, breast tenderness and may be linked with breast and uterine cancer.
- Progesterone- affects pre and post-menopausal women. In younger women, low levels of Progesterone is associated with infertility, menstrual irregularities, PMS, low libido, food cravings, and weight gain around the belly. Menopausal women may experience severe hot flashes, depression and mood swings, and pain in the joints (arthritis) and muscles (fibromyalgia).
- Androgen- as men age, their testosterone levels drop, causing loss of muscle tone, decreased libido, erectile dysfunction and increased belly fat. Also referred to as “Andropause”.
- Cortisol- produced by adrenal glands as a direct response to stress. Improper levels can cause blood sugar disorders, sleep disturbances, severe mood changes, exhaustion/ chronic fatigue, irritability, difficulty concentrating or “brain fog” and many other disruptive symptoms.
As you age, hormonal imbalance becomes an uncomfortable but natural trend. The conventional doctor may recommend over-the-counter or prescription medicines, which may give you temporary relief from symptoms, but until the actual hormonal imbalances are corrected, you will continue to have problems.
The best way to counter the discomfort without side effects is through a multi-pronged, Functional Medicine-based treatment approach, specifically designed for each patient by Dr. Lalezar. She employs only the highest quality, naturally-derived bio-identical hormone therapy to balance unfavorable hormone levels. Dr. Lalezar will carefully design an individualized treatment plan for you; the pharmacy will custom-compound it to ensure you get the exact proportions you need for maximum benefit.
Depending on your lab results, treatments include:
- Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT)
- Adrenal fatigue treatments
- IV vitamin therapy
Once Dr. Lalezar has normalized your hormone levels, you will feel better in a multitude of ways. These include:
- Reduced body fat; increased lean muscle mass
- Increased energy, stamina, and physical strength
- Better sexual performance and heightened libido
- Better sleep quality
- Improved mood and well-being; reduced depression
- Better heart health and cholesterol profile.
- Stronger immune system
- Younger-looking, softer skin
- Improve in Bone Density
- Memory Enhancement
- Overall sense of health and vitality!
What should I do next?
Call the Health & Vitality Center at 310-477-1166 or click here to schedule an appointment. We are one of the leading centers for health and wellness in Los Angeles. Holistic doctor Shiva Lalezar is experienced in diagnosing and treating all types of hormonal imbalance. Let us help you find the root cause of your problems and get you back on the road to better health. Call us today!